discover.com/freealerts – Setting up the Social Security Number Alerts by Discover via Online AccountCards
The security of banking and personal information is crucial. Given the fact, your identification and personal information are linked with your financial accounts; the security breach can be commenced by even hacking your info like social security number. While 35 per cent of bank users have reported breach of their Social Security Number, over 16.7 million people have suffered from the cases of identity fraud (2017 reports)
Utilizing Social Security Number Breach Alerts
Tactfully resisting such situation is Discover, by introducing integrated security alerts for full protection. Discover Cardmembers can now register for Social Security Number breach alert trough their online banking account.
Under this, customers will be notified once their social security number is traced in any of the dark web sites. Also, you will get an instant alert if nay new credit card account, mortgage car loans or any other accounts are opened as per your Experian Credit Report. All you need to check your alert on your mobile from time to time. In case, you do not recognize any of the activities you are alerted of, fraud specialists based in the U.S. will always be ready to help.
A look into the Discover Security and Alert features
The features of Social Security Number Alerts are:
- All-time fraud protection: Ensures full monitoring of the card and account regarding any fraudulent activity.
- Free 24 hours card delivery: In case your card gets lost or stolen, rest assured, you will receive the new card overnight ASAP!
- Quick Freeze: Present whole new purchase by instant freezing of your account on any suspicious activities.
- Fraud Liability of $0: With this feature, you would not be liable for any unauthorized purchase made via Discover Card.
More Read: Souplantation Guest Satisfaction Survey
Type of Discover Credit Cards
Applying for the Discover Credit card is now easy, thanks to the secure online gateway. Right now Discover offers following credit cards for its customers equipped with various needs and finical activities:
- Discover it Cashback.
- Discover it Travel.
- Discover it Gas & Restaurant.
- Discover Secured.
- Discover Student Cashback.
- Discover Student Chrome.
- Discover it Business.
To apply for any of the above credit cards:
- Visit www.discover.com/credit-cards.
- Check out the cards mentioned above along with their cash back, PAR., interest annual fees, and other details table-wise.
- Pick up the card that entirely suits your requirement and click on the Apply Now tab below the concerned card.
- Choose your Card Design from the given list.
- Begin the first stage of the application by entering the following information one by one:
- Home Address.
- Primary Phone Number.
- Email Address.
- Date of Birth.
- Social Security Number.
- Citizenship Status.
- Employment Status.
- Total Gross Income.
- Monthly Housing/Rents Payment.
- The number of Bank Accounts Owned.
- Before proceeding, you can also determine your balance transfer amount to three accounts by clicking on Get a great balance transfer offer and transfer up to 3 balances (optional)
- Click on Continue to Terms.
- Continue as per the prompts given to make the successful application.
Registering Discover Credit Card Online
On successful application and activating obtaining your Discover Credit Card, your first task should be registering your card online to enjoy the online banking benefits as well as activate security y alerts:
- Click on Register Your Account
- Click on Register Now under Credit Cards.
- Enter the 16 digit Card Number from the frontal portion of the card.
- Enter the Card Expiration Date.
- Enter the date of birth (mm-dd-yyyy) of the primary cardholder.
- Enter the last four digits of Social Security Number of the cardholder.
- Click on Continue
- On the next step, set up User ID and Password for the account as per the instructions.
- Complete the account set up by setting up the security questions for your account credentials.
Set up for Online Transaction
After setting up Discover online account, your next step is to activate your card for online usage. For that:
- Visit discover.com/freealerts
- Click on login to Activate Alerts link under Apply Now.
- Click on Activate Credit Card
- Since you have already set up your online account, choose Log In under How would you like to proceed.
- Enter the account User ID.
- Type the account password.
- Enter the 3-digit Sequence ID from the back of your card.
- Click on Continue to active online card transactions.
Accessing Discover Credit Card Online Account
You are just one step away to access the world of online banking via Discover Cards. After accessing your Card account, you will also be able to activate your Social Security Alert instantly for free.
- Click on login tab at the extreme top right.
- Enter your User ID.
- Enter your Password.
- Enter your 16 digit credit card number.
- You can tick mark the Remember User ID column if you are accessing from the personal device. Else strictly skip this step.
- Click on Log In.
Resetting Forgotten User ID/Password
Forgetting credentials can be a real nuisance. Without much thinking, simple steps are given to recover and reset your online account credentials securely:
- Click on the login tab at the extreme top right.
- Click on Forgot User ID/Password
- Under Credit Cards, select your option as per your requirement:
- Forgot User ID.
- Forgot Password.
- Forgot Both.
- One by one, enter the following information of the Primary Cardholder:
- 16 digit card number.
- Card Expiration Date.
- Date of Birth (mm-dd-yyyy).
- Last 4 digit of Social Security Number.
- Click on the Continue tab to successfully retrieve/reset your credentials through a secured gateway.
Read Also: Redeem The Dining Dough Certificate Online
Discover Credit Card Customer Care
- S.: 1-800-DISCOVER
- Outside the U.S.: 1-801-902-3100.
- TDD: 1-800-347-7449.
Discover Financial Services
P.O. Box 30943
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0943.
Visit www.discover.com/freealerts > Quick Links> Contact Us. Click on the Message icon at the right portion of the screen to start talking with a customer service representative.